Interviewing Your Real Estate Agent
Choosing the right real estate agent to sell your home is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make. That's why we always recommend interviewing any agent you're considering. From determining the listing price to marketing the home and negotiating on your behalf, they will make or break the success of your purchase. We've put together a list of basic but critical questions that you'll want to know the answer to before you agree to work with someone.
Interview Questions for Sellers:
- How many homes did you sell last year?
- Of these homes, how many were you representing buyers for versus sellers?
- What's your average selling price?
- Pro Tip: This will tell you how good your potential agent is at negotiating! Remember, you want a great negotiator when selling a home to receive the maximum value for your property.
- What's your average days on market?
- What's your average listing price versus actual selling price?
- Is this your full-time job?
- Do you work any additional jobs? If so, how many hours per week?
- What days and times will you be communicating with me, while my home is on the market?
- May I cancel my listing any time at no charge?
- Do I still owe you a full commission if I find a buyer myself?
Asking the smart questions we've outlined for you will ensure you find a real estate agent who works for your needs. To interview a professional agent at the Mike Mazyck Group, contact us online or call 972-325-6671!